[mythtv] DVB todo list (was: DVB & mythchannels)
linux.news at bucksch.org
Mon Aug 18 11:23:03 EDT 2003
Ramon Roca wrote:
> "todo" list
Current status is:
* Recording works, incl. AC3 and arbitary PIDs.
* Playback, incl. AC3 and 16:9, works.
* LiveTV sometimes crashes during channel changes. (still true?)
* CAM support is being worked on (by Kenneth)
* Setup (channel config, channel list import) is being worked on (by
* use_ts = 1, i.e. software PID filtering in MythTV (when grabbing
the whole TS, not using the card's / driver's
* PID filtering) is reportedly broken (1 report, please confirm)
Still unsolved is:
* Seeking/skipping is reportedly broken (1 report, please confirm)
* Core MythTV support for several simlutanous recordings per card
(DVB code should support it)
* Free DVB and encrypted DVB and analog coexistance, e.g.
o Station vs. channel separation
o Card switching in LiveTV
o Scheduled recordings on a certain card or card type (related
to recording profile, which is now configurable per
scheduled recording?) or alternatively priorisation (give
the better card to a certain recording)
* Reportedly, some UK stations are dumb enough to send 4:3 material
as 16:9, creating thick, black borders on all 4 sides of the picture.
* Kenneth is working on / wanted to work on automatic PID selection
using the Program Map Table and your prefs.
* libdvbdev could use a rework (would help use_ts=1)
Thanks to zaheer, Kenneth, Isaac and Ramon for the contributions, and
all the general MythTV contributors, of course.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-dev