[mythtv] transcoding with cutlist

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Wed Aug 13 00:59:25 EDT 2003

Strange. Somehow I never sent this? Part of it has already been said but
for completenes...

Hmm. Okay, how about this, then?

mkfifo /tmp/rawvideo
mythtranscoder <opts for stdout raw> > /tmp/rawvideo

<other shell>
mencoder -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame <bla bla> -o output /tmp/rawvideo

I have only tried it with a lowquality audio radio stream but that
worked. Not sure if the fifo is better at pacing the data...

--

Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>