[mythtv] Re: MythDVD (mplayer) locks when displayed on 2nd X server

Michael Thomson linux at M-Thomson.net
Tue Aug 12 20:30:04 EDT 2003

Hi Thor

Thanks for the suggestions, but it turns out that -vo xv wasn't the culprit
either.

If I used xinit to start a konsole, I can run mythfrontend from that and
subsequently mythdvd and mplayer... So I suspect some sort of environment
problem?

Anyway, I changed the script to read:

> #!/bin/sh
> xinit /usr/bin/konsole -e /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend -- :1 -ac +bs
> -xf86config XF86Config-TVonly

At last I can play DVDs on the TV! Now if I can work out why mplayer is
ignoring keyboard and mouse events, I'm sorted!

Cheers
Mike