[mythtv] [PATCH] transcoding with cutlist fixes
ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Aug 11 14:47:29 EDT 2003
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 02:44:04 -0400, "Isaac Richards ijr-at-po.cwru.edu
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <e6kbhbk35r0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> On Monday 11 August 2003 02:05 am, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> > Also, since the transcoder (specifically the 'interactive' part) is
> > obviously not fully functional at the moment, it makes no sense to update
> > the documentation. It'd be worse to have the transcoder documented and
> > broken than undocumented and broken if 0.11 goes out before I get it
> > fixed.
> You've got a couple more days yet -- the dvd stuff is _almost_ ready =)
Okay, as promised, here is an updated transcoding patch.
It is rather large, due mostly to reworking the polling-thread. All
transcoding status is now stored in the DB, which makes things more
intuitive and flexible. There is only a single option in the settings
now (Whether or not to Auto-transcode). Auto-transcode won't use the
cutlist. Hitting 'X' will start a transcode, which always uses the
cutlist. Hit X again, and the transcode will be stopped (no popup
confirmation window for now). Cutlists will now be fully processed, and
the transcoder should no longer reencode if it doesn't need to (there is
a condition where if the usere hits 'X' and there are no cutlists, the
file will reencode fully, even if the input and output format are the
same. I'll take care of that soon, but I wanted to get this patch out so
people can test it). The cutlist will also be removed when the transcode
is finished now. This should fix all the bugs that Chris reported. I
have also fixed a few memory leaks in the polling thread. I've tested it
on my setup, and it seems to all be working.
You should update the DB, since I removed some options in the settings,
and the status codes for the transcoding table are very different now.
If there are any questions or issues, please let me know. I'll update
the documentation I sent earlier to reflect the new (easier) usage.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 8214 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/attachments/20030811/420b362b/transcode10.patch.bin
More information about the mythtv-dev