[mythtv] transcoding with cutlist

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Mon Aug 11 20:37:37 EDT 2003

søn, 2003-08-10 kl. 15:56 skrev Geoffrey Hausheer:
[....]

> > Also, though the commercial flag information is removed after
> > transcoding, the cutlist is not.  This results in some pretty weird cut
> > points.
<AOL>Me Too!</AOL>

> That IS weird.  It is supposed to remove the cutlist.  I haven't been
> watching CVS too closely, maybe something changed in the cutlist handling
> that affects the transcoder.  I'll look into it.
>

> > And lastly, on at least one transcode (still waiting for others to
> > finish), only the first cut section was removed.
<AOL>Me, uh, Too!</AOL>

> I've never seen that happen either.

My CVS version is 1-2 weeks old presently, but I have seen this happen
for about a month or two, I think. I just never really gave it much
thought. Actually, I'm not totally sure about the last cutpoint but it
definately doesn't cut all it should from the end of the recording...

I guess the comments earlier on about mythtranscoder breaking mencoder
explains some of my problems but I also have problems with mplayer quite
often now. It seems to only happen on channels that have subtitle
information, though.

I wonder how much work it would be to do either of the following:

1) Add an option to skip text frames on reencoding. I'm not quite sure
if they are the problem or not and allegedly the 'patch to the patch'
that Ken fashioned ought to make it not a problem, but...

2) Transcode directly to DivX/Xvid .avi files (i.e. skipping all the
mythtv specific stuff. Basically what mencoder would do it it wasn't
broken.

I can put up a test .nuv file if you would like something to try out on
:)

/Martin.
--
Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>