[mythtv] transcoding with cutlist

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Aug 11 02:05:44 EDT 2003

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:44:06 -0700, "Chris Petersen
lists-at-forevermore.net |mythtv/1.0-Allow|"
<o8f8hesx3k0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> > I'll update my CVS repository, and try to figure out what is going on.
> > Shoudn't be too hard, since it used to work.  Hopefully will get a patch
> > out tonight.
>
> cool, I'll be ready to test when it's available.
Well, I have found and fixed the problems with (a) only the first
commerical getting cut, (b) the cutlist not getting removed, and (c) the
transcoding taking a long time.  (c) was caused by incorrectly detecting
mpeg4 streams before decoding the first frame.  Unfortunately, the fix
for (c) also has uncovered some other problems in the transcoder, which
results in invalid streams.  I hope to have a working patch availaible
tommorow.  Also, I have also mostly rewritten the transcoder polling
thread to work entirely off the DB, and to be smart about using the
cutlist (this should also allow for stopping a currently running
transcoder, and disabling a transcoding once I figure out how to hook it
into the frontend).  All of that part seems to be working well, so the
net result should make transcoding much more intuitive.

Also, since the transcoder (specifically the 'interactive' part) is
obviously not fully functional at the moment, it makes no sense to update
the documentation.  It'd be worse to have the transcoder documented and
broken than undocumented and broken if 0.11 goes out before I get it
fixed.

.Geoff

> -Chris

  Geoffrey Hausheer