[mythtv] PATCH: select cdrip artist & genre (was: additions for mythmusic ripper GUI)

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Aug 10 12:11:06 EDT 2003

On Saturday 09 August 2003 11:39 am, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> OK, here's the first patch.  It changes the "Artist:" field on the cdrip
> gui to an (editable) MythComboBox, and adds one for "Genre:" as well.  The
> initial value in the text field of the combo box is filled in from the disc
> data (cddb or whatever); the combobox list is filled with the existing
> artists or genres from your current music database.
>
> I also made changes to the MythComboBox widget so that if it's editable it
> doesn't ignore keypresses when you type in it.

I've got this applied -- just changed the _q and _list variables to 'query'
and 'list' to make em fit more into the general programming style =)

> Now, I'd like some feedback on this because there are a couple more things
> I want to add.  First, I'd like to add an option to control where files get
> written when ripped.  Currently, it's hard-coded to <Music
> Storage>/<artist>/<album>.  I store my music in
> (much like the one now that controls how your music tree is organized),
> that would allow you to specify a directory using the keywords "genre",
> "artist" and "album", but I thought that might be overkill, because though
> you might omit any one of those three levels, it's unlikely you'd want to
> change their order.  Or I could just use the existing music tree setting...
> I'll implement whatever the popular consensus is.

Sure, this'll be fine -- I'd say two ways could make sense.  One, allow the
entire path/filename to be specified: %genre%/%artist%/%album%/%tracknum% -
%track%.<extension>.  Or, just use that order and allow items to be disabled.
I don't like having genre in there, for instance.

> Along the same lines, I'd like to introduce a format string for generating
> ripped track filenames.  Currently, it's just <title>.ogg (or .flac).  I'd
> like to add the option to do <tracknum>-<title>.ogg, or whatever.

It should currently be using "<tracknum> - <title>.ogg", I changed that a week
back or so.

Isaac