[mythtv] native lirc support and qt

Dan Conti dconti at acm.wwu.edu
Fri Aug 8 15:34:57 EDT 2003

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Anduin Withers wrote:

> > Everything compiles ok, but only about 10% of the keystrokes made it
> > through, and all took as long as 10 seconds to be reflected in the UI.
>
> Did you check the console to make sure the text in your lircrc file was
> being properly converted to key sequences? I suppose it is probably fine as
> I assume the same setup works in 3.2 for you (though the 3.0 QKeySequence
> could be much different).

Yep. I added some output so i could get an idea of what was going on too.
I dont have the code in front of me, but from what i remember you were
taking a keycode (like 4116), shifting it down 24 bits, and using that. I
tinkered with it a little bit, but i think there was a different problem
with how the events were propagated - it would be 5-10 seconds _after_
putevent was called before the UI actually reacted.

> Probably all moot now as you've gone and upgraded.

I can downgrade again to debug it more, but i dont think it's worth the
effort - i think the docs say qt 3.1 is "highly recommended" at this
point, and the interface for keys in 3.1 looked a bit easier to use
anyways. If it were just an issue with how the key was dumped into the
event it might be worth it, but the wierd latency issues are kind of a
curveball.

Thanks