[mythtv] Mythmusic crash while scanning

Jack R Hyde jr at jrh.net
Fri Aug 8 02:04:25 EDT 2003

I have a large directory of mp3's, about 4.2k songs, and using the
latest cvs version of mythmusic as of this writing it hangs when ever I
try and scan the directory after starting with a fresh musicmetadata and
musicplaylist table. It usually gets to right around 50% and hangs
shortly after it, though some times it craps out much earlier.

I rebuilt mythmusic and mythtv with debugging and while it no longer
complains about not having debug symbols, I can't get any debug info.
When it crashes it just says "Cannot find user-level thread for LWP
1824: generic error" and when I try "thread apply all bt full" it just
says "Cannot find new threads: generic error". When I try and rerun
mythfrontend or even just try and quit out of gdb it says "Cannot find
thread 16384: generic error"

I assume I am doing something wrong or something is borked with my
system, otherwise everything runs great now. Was just trying to clean up
my mp3 tags so I zero'd the database, which is when everthing went wonky
trying to rescan everything. If I just keep trying to run mythmusic it
eventually finishes with everything properly scanned but trying to do it
all at once is a no go.