[mythtv] Newest nvidia driver..

Sam N. Max (snx) snx at rogers.com
Fri Aug 8 04:59:37 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Isaac Richards" <ijr at po.cwru.edu>
To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 3:33 AM
Subject: [mythtv] Newest nvidia driver..

> Finally got around to upgrading to the newest nvidia driver (1.0-4496),
and
> noticed I wasn't getting my nice smooth video playback anymore.  Looks
like
> they've removed the bits that allowed us to know when the vsync retrace
was
> going -- essentially, the Experimental A/V sync stuff doesn't work any
more
> :(

Hmm, I was trying to get the vsync code to go off by enabling experimental
a/v and jitter reduction, but it didn't seem like it was (in fact, I think I
was getting shearing doing this, which I wasn't getting before... however
that might have been because of changes to nvtv which I was fiddling with as
well at the time).  I didn't verify that the vsync code was actually being
used.  I am using the 1.0-4363 driver.

- Eron