[mythtv] DVB in cvs suddenly poor quality

Thu Aug 7 10:36:37 EDT 2003

I just changed from cvs on July 30th to cvs last night (6th Aug), and now while viewing certain channels I get either audio which is way out of sync, or really bad breakup of the picture and sound with a ton of errors scrolling up the console.  (Some channels are absolutely fine...)

However, I have also changed my DVB card to something different and that required switching drivers to the new dvb-kernel driver (ie the one in kernel 2.6), so there are other changes here as well.  However, I did quickly fire up the old Jul 30th binary before updating and didn't notice any problems at the time, but since I wasn't expecting to do an A-B comparison I didn't really do a big test on the old binary.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour with current cvs and DVB?