[mythtv] has anyone seen this yet?!?!

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Mon Aug 4 22:43:02 EDT 2003

Hi Brandon,

that's really great news! :-) Finally, NA users can record original MPEG
streams.

I just checked out the source. I wondered about the PID processing,
which gave me quite some headache with DVB, and I expected the
same/similar code to be necessary for HDTV. But in the hdtvrecorder, I
only see a pids array, which appears to be unused. Is that not needed
for HDTV or for this card or is that just not implemented? How do you
tune to a channel that's together with other channels on the same
transport stream? Does the card somehow magically do that in its
firmware and infer the PIDs from the channum (I see you use the same
tuning code as for analog TV), or are multiple channels per TS so rare
with HDTV that you can ignore that for now?