[mythtv] mythmusic: _very_ long delay on random playlist

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Sat Aug 2 19:37:15 EDT 2003

On Saturday 02 August 2003 03:35 pm, Ian Forde wrote:

> Actually, I'm seeing a longer "please wait" lead-in time to the start of
> playing a shuffled list.  I'm running CVS from 7/29... I'm not seeing
> the 20 seconds between each song though.  And I'm running a Celeron 1.4
> for mine...

	Huge playlist? The tree structure that holds the playlists need to get loaded
into memory and sorted before it can release the interface to the user. If
you've got a really big tree, it will take time to sort. This is a reality
along the lines of, "if you have mass, gravity will act on you." Smaller
playlists and/or playlist hierarchies (playlists within playlists) will help
solve this "problem". Setting you default shuffle mode to None will help with
initial load times.

-thor