[mythtv] mythweb2 music patch / addition

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Aug 3 01:18:48 EDT 2003

> I'll take a longer look at how you have the other sections laid out.
> I'm willing to work on it until you and the collective who make use of
> it are satisfied.  HTML/PHP are rare for me to use and foreign to look
> at so thanks for the feedback. I'll rework it.

no problem.  I'm just glad to have the help.

basically, in order to keep things clean, I've separated "code" (code
that does stuff) from "display" (code that's really just doing interface
stuff).  It's cleaner, and allows for themes to be created without
affecting the way the actual engine itself works.

Your code looked pretty clean (it's not hard to do with php - as a perl
programmer, it took me about a day to learn it, and a week to be really
good at it - though I am still learning new things about it all the time
now that I'm using it at work), so I wouldn't worry too much about
that.  :)

> The priority for me is playlist creation / editing.  I have a large
> collection and a web interface to manipulate playlists is my first goal.

That sounds like a great idea.  Hopefully you can come up with something
really nice.

Anyway, I've reworked the main theme object so that it's easier to redo
the contents of the menu that contains the "program listing, scheduled
recordings, ..." links - the music section should get its own menu
settings (playlist editor, etc).  I'll commit this stuff to cvs as soon
as I finish implementing some other changes.

-Chris