[mythtv] cvs compile issues? broken?

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Sat Aug 2 08:33:59 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Saturday 02 August 2003 01:12 am, Chris Petersen wrote:
>

>>>Yeah, you can't compile with -j3.
>>>

>>ahhh...  when did this start?  I've been able to do so in the past.  At
>>least, I thought I had.   will -j2 work, or does it not work with any
>>multiprocess compiling?
>>
>It's never, ever worked that way =)  If it worked before, must've just been luck that things happened to compile in time.

Ed has a multi-processor system, so I tried to cvompile with -j2 on his
system. The build didn't work correctly, IIRC the linking was wrong. It
seemed to work, if I did a |make -j2| first to build the .o files, then
a normal |make| to clean up the (library-)dependencies. If you have a
single processor, forget about -j, unless the build system is garanteed
to work with it.