[mythtv] Obtaining TV Listing Data and also Gist.com Closing

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Apr 26 17:04:40 EDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 10:02:07PM -0400, Andy Davidoff wrote:
> On Apr 24, at 16:40, Jay R. Ashworth encoded a 2.2K recording:
> > "When you watch, the advertiser wins[,] regardless of whether you
> > watch while the program is being broadcast."
> >
> > That sounds to me like they ought to be on "our" side.
>
> ...Until they discover the commercial-skipping feature...

Perhaps we're pervs, but my sis records the commercials, and I heartily
agree with her.  That's not to say we don't occasionally fast forward
through them on playback, but...

Sometimes, you get a gem, playing back a 10 year old recording...

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")