[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sat Apr 26 02:20:30 EDT 2003

On Saturday 26 April 2003 12:27 am, Jim Paris wrote:
> > > Rudimentary mpg seeking.  Slow, but will improve when record-side
> > > support is added.
> >
> > Sweet!  I was just about to settle down for a long evening of coding
> > to try to get this done.  Time to sync up and rebuild :)
>
> Cool.  It works great for pre-recorded shows, and the speed isn't even
> that bad.  It can't fast forward during live TV, although it will
> rewind (but doesn't update the "..:.. behind" time) -- not sure if
> that's a bug or just not implemented yet.  Either way, great work.
> Thanks!

Heh.  Try skipping forward in 10 minute chunks or so.  'that bad' doesn't even
come close =)  But, I want exact seeking, without any garbage on screen after
it seeks, so slow it is..

The issue with seeking during live-tv is that the recorder isn't keeping track
of how many frames it's written.  I'll be getting to that tomorrow,
hopefully.

Isaac