[mythtv] Obtaining TV Listing Data and also Gist.com Closing

Adam Lydick adam.lydick at verizon.net
Thu Apr 24 07:41:45 EDT 2003

Actually, they can. Usage of their site probably requires agreeing to
some draconican license agreement. For the 98% of people who don't
really care about that, they can just limit the number of pageloads per
IP / day. Most normal web surfers are not going to scrape the entire
site. Certainly not at the rate that XMLTV does.

Adam

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 16:20, Bruce Markey wrote:

<snip>

> However, as long as TV listings are on the web, the thought
> police can't restrict what my personal use is after I make
> an HTTP hit (provided I'm not redistributing the data).

<snip>