[mythtv] Obtaining TV Listing Data and also Gist.com Closing

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Apr 24 17:40:21 EDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 02:41:08PM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
[ quoting me ]
> > TitanTV.  They are, in fact, already working with UltimateTV, which is
> > a GPL project, and I gather from some comments on their website, in
> > conjunction with the tone of the message at
>
> Huh? Microsoft has a product named "UltimateTV". There are
> many pages on the web that have "UltimateTV" and "GPL" on
> the same page but I'm not finding anything that says something
> called "UltimateTV" is open source.

Perhaps I've misremembered the name -- as the portion of my post which
you've clipped noted, their website is not answering the phone
tonight...

> > Well, crap.  Can't paste in a link,
>
> Could you type it in please? ;-)

which is why I couldn't paste in a link.

Damn good thing you put that smiley there, pardner.

They're partnered with close to a dozen PVR companies, one of which is
"UltimateGuide" (sorry).  Go to

http://www.titantv.com/ttv/Home/Home.aspx

and click the top left link ("PVR Support"); I can't get a real link;
their website designer is too clever by half.

The commentary from the president that I was talking about *does* have
a real link; it's at:

http://www.titantv.com/ttv/menu/note.aspx

"We developed TitanTV.com on the premise that no viewer should have to
pay to see what's on TV. More importantly, if you're willing to record
a show to watch it at a time more convenient to your hectic lifestyle,
you shouldn't have to pay for that recording either. When you watch,
the advertiser wins.regardless of whether you watch while the program
is being broadcast."

That sounds to me like they ought to be on "our" side.

Cheers,
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")