[mythtv] capture size

Mike Schrag mschrag at pobox.com
Mon Apr 21 17:42:27 EDT 2003

I posted this on the users mailing list as well, but it looks like this
is more appropriate a devel issue:

I am running X in 640x480 w/ twm (using the supplied twm config file).
I tried to set the capture size to be 640x480 as well (through the UI),
but it always goes back to 480x480 when I leave the screen.  So I then
attempted to just update the values in the database directly.  However,
live tv seems to be unaffected.  What I see is the video taking up the
full 640 wide on the screen, but it's "squished" vertically -- it looks
like it's only using about 1/3 of the screen vertically.  Is this a
setting in ivtv that needs to be changed?  One interesting thing is if I
run X in 800x600, the video appears to capture properly @ 640x480
(obviously it's not full screen though, which will cause issues when I
get to the point of outputting to television).

Thanks
ms