[mythtv] DVB Support suggested Roadmap

Richard King rak at cs.man.ac.uk
Mon Apr 21 20:28:37 EDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Edward Wildgoose wrote:

> > What would you propose? An extra table for DVB?
> >
> > I thought that the tuning data should all be in one table, and because
> > there might be any number of (future) tuning models, I thought that
> > putting it all in one field would be the best way.
>
> I think that we need only:
>
> - Frequency (int)
> - Video pid (int/small int?)
> - Audio pid (int/small int?) However, potentially there can be optional
> extra audio channels (different languages, etc.  I don't think these are
> used in the UK at present.
I'm afriad its alot more than that. Even for terestrial (which is simpler
than satelite) there are many more fields, eg. encoding, teletext PID,
etc. If we are going to implement proper DVB tuning support in Myth I
think we should do it in a way that will support all three DVB formats and
also minimise any changes needed in future to support other formats.

--
Richard King
E-mail: rak at cs.man.ac.uk