[mythtv] Musings On Standard File Formats

Adam Lydick adam.lydick at verizon.net
Sat Apr 19 14:40:04 EDT 2003

What about the OGM (?) hack that I've seen lately?

Xvid (video stream) + mp3/vorbis (audio streams) in an ogg container.

I believe this avoids the file size limits (and some other legacy
issues) from AVI. Also one can take advantage of arbitrary comment
streams, subtitles, ...

Once Theora is in a working state (target is July?) that might be
useful, although I don't know if the encoder performance is good enough
for realtime.

Adam