[mythtv] MythTV Freezes

ben ben at handcoder.com
Fri Apr 18 09:59:34 EDT 2003

I've been getting this a lot. It's the only thing that keeps me from
moving my into a permanent position.  I get random freezes.  Mythtv
works fine if I never change the channel or display the info.  Sometimes
however mythtv just locks up.  It is always as the OSD is disappearing.
I tried the backtrace.  I doesn't seem to have much information, so I'll
try it again.  In the mean time, here's everything  I got from gdb:

Starting program: /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend
[New Thread 16384 (LWP 7084)]
connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
[New Thread 32769 (LWP 7091)]
[New Thread 16386 (LWP 7092)]
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
[New Thread 32771 (LWP 7098)]
Over/underscanning. V: 0.000000, H: 0.000000, XOff: 0, YOff: 0
Using XV port 79
[New Thread 49156 (LWP 7099)]
[New Thread 65541 (LWP 7100)]
Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None
Changing from None to None
[New Thread 81926 (LWP 7469)]
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
[New Thread 98311 (LWP 7475)]
Over/underscanning. V: 0.000000, H: 0.000000, XOff: 0, YOff: 0
Using XV port 79
[New Thread 114696 (LWP 7476)]
[New Thread 131081 (LWP 7477)]

[Switching to Thread 81926 (LWP 7469)]
0x0d136393 in ?? ()
Current language:  auto; currently c
(gdb) Quit
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0d136393 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x33ae4254