[mythtv] PVR 250 issues...

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Thu Apr 17 22:29:54 EDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 11:33:57PM +0000, wwinright at attbi.com wrote:

> I have installed the drivers for the PVR 250, and from what I can tell,
> they are working. I can cat /dev/video0 > file.mpg and it generates an
> mpeg (although it's just static) that I can view.
>
> When I run the mythtv setup program, everything seems fine, I can select
> Hardware MPEG encoder, but when I get to Input Connections, I have no
> choices.

This presumably means that setup is unable to probe the inputs on the card.
In almost every case I see, this should print an error to stderr.  The only
ecxeption would be where the card indicates that there are no inputs, which
seems unlikely.

Do the inputs show up when you are configuring the capture card?  There is a
"default input" combo box which should have all of the inputs found.  That
uses the same code as the input connections step.

--
 - mdz