[mythtv] WinPVR Support?

Mike Schrag mschrag at pobox.com
Wed Apr 16 09:15:22 EDT 2003

1) My 250 is not the most stable thing in the world right now (driver
problem, not mythtv) ... I definitely get the occasional hard lockup.
This is on an Athlon 1Ghz.  I've also noticed a couple times that if I
shut down the frontend, I can't get video when I start back up (i have
to recycle the backend)
2) My sound seems to be working fine (at least on live tv).  I haven't
tried scheduled recording yet, which is probably the real test.  I'll do
this tonight.
3) I think ivtv isn't ready for prime time-yet, but development seems to
be moving pretty quickly.
4) "*WinTV-PVR-250 uses a new integrated MPEG1/MPEG2 encoder" (from
hauppage.com).  I believe the 350 also has a hardware DECODER, which the
250 does not appear to have.

*