[mythtv] Fw: [mythtv-users] Myth is locking soundcard andpreventing fullduplex operation

Eric Andresen ruler111 at cox.net
Tue Apr 15 22:07:15 EDT 2003

Quite simple. Simply make a one line patch that changes settings.pro
from CONFIG=release to CONFIG=debug if and only if env var
DEBUGBUILD="yes" (which is the env var gentoo uses to tell ebuild/emerge
to strip binaries or not).

Thus to build in debug globally (which btw is fairly useless, because
gdb wouldn't have the source to reference while you're debugging) you'd
just do:

DEBUGBUILD="yes" emerge mythtv-cvs

And without debug symbols, just emerge normally.