[mythtv] Muting during FF/REW

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Tue Apr 15 19:59:39 EDT 2003

> Van: Edward Wildgoose <edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com>
>
>> My wife has been complaining (and I agree) that it's very annoying to
>> have the sound still on while doing FF/REW while watching a
>> recording or live tv.
>
> Actually, I would really love to see a high quality slow motion forward
> *with* sound.
>
> I have been learning sign language

Good luck! It will help you greatly in your expressiveness. Just keep shure
_not_ to try speak with hearing (non-deaf) people from more than a few
meters away. With sign language your speech horizon broadens tremendously.
You can suddenly keep a conversation with someone on the other end of the
room.

But normal hearing people find it kind of distracting if you are listening
to a conversation more than 4 meters away.

> and you really need to watch it again and again in slow motion to try
> and pick up what they are signing!  (The voice over helps as well,
> hence the usefulness of sound).

You would need a filter that will increase the pitch, else it will sound
quite nightmare'ish. Difficult stuff, AFAIK, but doable. Don't know if
there are open source, or at least 'free', filters that do this.

> BSL was officially recognised as a "language" two weeks ago!

Brittish Sign Language? Nice :-)

	Henk Poley <><