[mythtv] Fw: [mythtv-users] Myth is locking soundcard and preventing fullduplex operation

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Tue Apr 15 13:32:52 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 12:19 pm, Edward Wildgoose wrote:
> This was on a CVS from about a week or two ago.  I also grabbed CVS, I
> think last night (uk time), and now it doesn't even allow me to go into
> live tv (hangs the front & perhaps the backend immediately).  Previously it
> went into the frontend and only hung when changing channel with the error I
> reported - I don't think I get an error now when it hangs.

Sure something else isn't holding onto /dev/dsp?  artsd, esd, whatnot.

> I doubt I am giving you useful info to debug this though?  Is there some
> way I can reproduce a test case externally to myth to try and narrow down
> what is happening?  The key problem seems to be that only a single audio
> channel is playable and presumably attempts to open a second channel cause
> a hang.

It doesn't.  If it did, it wouldn't work on my machine as well, which only
allows one thing to be played at a time.

> I will re-pull CVS down in a few hours just to make sure that I definitely
> got all the changes you talked about.

They went in several weeks ago, so, dunno.

> On a slightly unrelated note I have a full set of gentoo ebuild scripts for
> getting the latest cvs which are either verbatim from those posted by
> others on this list, or lightly tweaked.  Would you be interested in
> hosting this compilation on the main mythwebsite?  I can put them up
> somewhere else if there is deman

No.  I want people to know they're using CVS and be able to recompile for
debugging if necessary.

Isaac