[mythtv] Previously recorded programs question

Brian A. Vance bvance at egenera.com
Tue Apr 15 12:27:31 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 11:08, Panix wrote:
> While working on the MythWeb conflicts additions I made, I came across an
> interesting question.  Why are you not able to record a program that was
> previously recorded if the file does not exist on your system anymore?

If you're scheduled to recored a program shown on any channel at any
time you will probably be getting many duplicates.  In addition, some
shows (like those on TLC) are shown over and over again all week.  I am
guessing for most people, if they've seen the show, they don't want to
record it again (even if they've deleted it).  This becomes of
particular importance if you are tight on storage.

> I can understand not recording the program again if the program was still
> available on your system, but if you delete the program, you should get the
> ability to record it again.

I do however fully agree with having some way to re-record a show that
you may have recorded/watched/deleted in the past (without having to
whip out the SQL stick and manually remove it from the oldrecorded
table... i haven't had very good luck at this anyways).

> My proposal: Change the code that checks for this to also check to see if the
> program exists in the recorded database table as well as the oldrecorded
> table.

Seems like the best way to do this would be in the "Conflict Resolution"
Menu.  If the show is marked as a dup and therefore not being recorded,
you should have the option to select it and "Record Anyways".  Perhaps
there could be an additional setting to do what you have described
above, only record the show if it is not already recorded and has not
been deleted.

-Beev