[mythtv] Previously recorded programs question

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Apr 15 12:25:08 EDT 2003

I'd like to see this implemented as some sort of override.  So by default
you don't re-record, but you have the ability to either delete the entry
from the oldrecorded table or just tell Myth to ignore the oldrecorded
table for this show.  Some shows have the same info in the recorded
table for every episode so Myth thinks they are the same episode.
On the other hand, you don't want Myth re-recording a show that
you just watched and deleted, just because the tv network decided
to show that same episode 5 times in the same week.  An example
is the upcoming Helen of Troy miniseries.  I think the same info
is in the recorded table for each night even though it's part 1/x,
2/x, etc..  So myth won't record the 2nd and following parts I
believe.  Of course if I just showed my ignorance of the scheduling code
I'll gladly admit it. :)

> While working on the MythWeb conflicts additions I made, I came across an
> interesting question.  Why are you not able to record a program that was
> previously recorded if the file does not exist on your system anymore?
>
> I can understand not recording the program again if the program was still
> available on your system, but if you delete the program, you should get the
> ability to record it again.
>
> My proposal: Change the code that checks for this to also check to see if the
> program exists in the recorded database table as well as the oldrecorded
> table.
>
> I have working code in place for MythWeb that checks for this, but the
> frontend doesnt check for this so I have it commented out for now, since I
> want both the frontend and MythWeb to behave the same way.

Chris