[mythtv] Channel changing Bugs...

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Sat Apr 12 19:53:16 EDT 2003

Tony Clark wrote:

>On Saturday 12 April 2003 21.34, Chris Palmer wrote:
>

>>Tony Clark wrote

>>>The concept of channel numbers is foriegn in Europe.  You could think of
>>>it as slots I guess.
>>>Slot 1 tuned to channel SE16
>>>Slot 2     "			"	E11
>>>My neighbour  Likes it a little different, we both use the same cable.
>>>Slot 1				E5
>>>Slot 2				SE16
>>>I think you can find out the frequencies from the bttv documentation.  It
>>>may also have other info about different countries.  Here is a bit from
>>>my .xawtv
>>>

>>..snip..
>>

>>>[TV4]
>>>channel = E6
>>>capture = on
>>>
>>>[ZTV (E8)]
>>>channel = E8
>>>capture = on
>>>

>>So... what are "TV4" and "E6"?  Is "TV4" the station identifier
>>that the broadcaster says they are (like "CNN" or "HBO")?  And
>>is "E6" the "channel" (though, not a number) that uniquely maps
>>to the frequency?
>>

>TV4, ZTV are station identifiers like CNN and HBO.  E6 is the channel.
>

>>Also, does "E6" exist all over europe, even though there might
>>be a different station there with different cable providers?
>>

>Different parts of Europe use different numbering I suspect.  Uk and Sweden
>are both in Western Europe, use different forms of PAL and have different
>sound IF freq.
>

>>I'm guessing, but do your TV's (real TV's, not Myth/xawtv) then
>>have numbers for the "slots"?  Is it something like this?
>>
>>TV slot -> freq num -> station
>>1 -> E6 -> TV4
>>2 -> E8 -> ZTV
>>3 -> SE16 -> CNN
>>

>Yep.

In the US it is
TV slot -> freq num -> station
2  -> 2  ->  NBC
3  -> 3  ->  CNN
etc.

All frequences are assigned and there isn't any half or quarter
freqences in the use.  Some TV have a options that let you tell it the
stations to scan to so channel up will go from channel 35 to 69 etc but
nothing like the pain it sounds like you have in eur.

Robert
robert at middleswarth.net