[mythtv] System-wakeup

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sat Apr 12 15:00:38 EDT 2003

> Van: Ben Bucksch <linux.news at bucksch.org>
>> Christian Hoenig wrote:
>> Do we now wakeup the backend, the mysqlserver (or both if they
>> are diff'rent machines) ?
> My thinking, because you aske for feedback :-):
> I guess you have to first wake up the mysql server (that's what
> mythfrontend contacts first, right?) and then the mythbackend server,
> basically everything you want to contact. The problem is that it takes
> very long (up to 1-2 minutes for the server to start)

I do know that they are currently experimenting met suspend-to-disk built
in then kernel. I don't know the finesses.

It was brought up at the Knoppix forum:

There seem to be known problems with hardware accelerated X, due to
proprietary drivers that think the hardware is still in the same state.
Since the backend doesn't use X this shouldn't be a problem.

It is still quite experimental, be warned.

	Henk Poley <><