[mythtv] Frontend hangs while watching tv / backend "out of free AUDIO buffers" error

Joel Feenstra joelf at altelco.net
Fri Apr 11 22:16:44 EDT 2003

I'm getting almost the same thing. Hangs right away when I goto change
channels. The osd changes, but the video just freezes. The backend
reports a strange error flushing buffer, then after a second it spits
out a million "ran out of free AUDIO buffers :-(" messages.

I don't know if I'm doing it right, but I get this backtrace for the
frontend:

#0  0x40b75be6 in nanosleep () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
#1  0x00000000 in ?? ()

Joel Feenstra