[mythtv] MPEG4 files

Fri Apr 11 11:08:50 EDT 2003

>  > But, I want to take recordings from MythTV and re-encode
>  > them into some other format, or modify the resolution or
>  > bitrate and I can't seem to get mencoder to do anything
>  > with the Myth files other than "copy" the stream, which
>  > means it hasn't changed anything.
>  >
>  > Am I missing something, or is this just "the way it is"
>  > (for now, I hope)?
>
> It works for me. In fact, it works great for me. In fact, I've made some
> code which does the majority of the work. I've got some cleanup I want
> to do first, and some more testing, and then I'm going to release it.

I would be quite interested in modifying the mythweb stuff to allow export of recorded films, either by clicking on the name of the recorded file and getting a download, or possibly even as a streaming feed.

Is your script in a form where I could take advantage of it to provide this functionality?  For example it seems to me that this might provide an easy way to effectively have a multi-client front end.  Just record it, then on your windows machine stream it to media player...

Thanks