Previous Channel Functionality was Re: [mythtv] Channelchanging Bugs...

Patrick Landry pml4791 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 10:07:48 EDT 2003

--- Edward Wildgoose <Edward.Wildgoose at frmhedge.com>
wrote:
> > > Key: H
> > > Functionality: As user changes channels, build a
> > > sort of "Channel
> > > History" (Think browser back button like).  When
> the
> > > user hits the H key
> > > once, go back to the previous channel.  When the
> > > user hits the H key
> > > twice in quick succession (I think I'll set key
> > > spacing to require < .75
> > > seconds between hits) go to the second channel
> back.
> > >
> > > What are everyone else's thoughts on this?  Do
> > > people want it like this,
> > > or just the simple press H and it swaps
> channels?
> >
> > What about H/h for backwards/forwards....
>
> Which one is shift on my remote control...
>
> ;-)

Just following Isaac's lead:

    Watching TV only:

    - J/j increase/decrease contrast
    - K/k increase/decrease brightness
    - L/l increase/decrease color

But I do think Dan's idea with multiple presses and
timeouts
would simulate a normal "previous channel" button more
closely
while still adding a little extra functionality.
--
patrick