[mythtv] Patch - An alternate Manual recording

Tue Apr 8 15:33:40 EDT 2003

> > Why not just use the lineedit code that thor made for mythmusic instead
> > of a cumbersome keyboard?
>
> Because I use mythtv without a keyboard and using only a normal remote
> control is hard to enter something different from 12345... as recording
> title.
> However, the title __is__ a lineedit, so if you have a keyboard hooked, you
> can enter all the text you want.

I don't know if you are a Douglas Adams fan (he who wrote Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy), but he has a new book just out (pretty good considering he died last year....)  It's a collection of stories that he wrote to various newspapers, etc - very funny

However, at one point he makes a comment about PDA's that have alphabet order keyboards and goes on to say that these were:

a) no help to people who can't type
b) no help to people who can type

Anyway, doesn't read as well here, but the original was amusing.  For those of you who were fans I would definitely recommend the book....

Anyway, sorry, the patch looks very interesting!