[mythtv] Watching While Recording Instability

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Mon Apr 7 19:05:56 EDT 2003

I'm running from CVS from Saturday morning, and I've noticed a few
problems when watching while recording.

I have the fast forward key set to skip 30 seconds ahead.  If this takes
me past the end of the current place in the recording, the image freezes
and seems to wait until recording catches up (although that's just a
guess as to what is going on).  Then the video continues for a few
seconds, and then the menu pops up as if I'd finished watching the
recording.

Also, if 2 shows are scheduled to record back to back, and I'm watching
the recording, I get kicked back to the TV menu when the first is
finished.  The second doesn't start recording, and if I attempt to watch
live tv, nothing happens.  I'm just stuck at the menu as if I hadn't
pressed the key at all.  I have to restart the backend to fix this.
Recording back to back shows works fine if I'm not watching along as it
happens.

Mike