[mythtv] Configuration files

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Thu Apr 3 11:22:11 EST 2003

Brian A. Vance wrote:

>I'm still don't understand why the mysql.txt can't be sucked into the
>setup, eliminating the need for the file all together.
>
>The first screen that comes up during setup would be a question asking
>about the location/login for the mysql database.  User could enter the
>info, a connection would be attempted, and poof, you're on to the
>setup.  If you failed to login, alert the user and try again.  After a
>successfull connection, mysql info could be written to a local file for
>later retrieval.

So what you are sugesting is that setup check for a conf file if not
there ask where to find the mysql database then create said file.  Isn't
that unknown conf file what mysql.txt is doing already without the
useful setup screens which can be added later.  Granted I think that
changing mysql.txt to mythtv.conf in the /etc dir might make some since
as that is the unix way of doing thing and maybe someone will submit a
patch to do that or Issiac might want to do it himself if it is a simple
patch.