[mythtv] where does mythtv read it's settings from?

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:47:44 -0400

On Sunday 22 September 2002 07:02 pm, Chris Kleeschulte wrote:
> I built the latest myth from cvs today and I noticed something weird. I
> could change anything in my settings.txt file and even delete it and
> nothing would happen. I am talking about the only settings.txt in
> /usr/local/share/mythtv. I can edit the theme.txt and mythtv would
> acknowledge these settings, but not settings.txt. Has this changed? It
> seems mythtv and mythfrontend are getting these settings from another
> source. Is this true?

If you have a settings file in the current directory or in your ~/.mythtv/
directory, it'll override what's in /usr/local/share/mythtv/

> Also, when I installed myth....I mean ran "make install"...I got an error
> because strip: /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/: Is a directory
>
> Is this just my version of strip?

Well, it shouldn't be stripping a directory, so that's a true problem..
However, I'm not sure why it's doing that =)

Isaac