[mythtv] No picture/sound: Shuttle SS40, Hauppauge WinTV, RedHat 7.3

Jens Lohmann-Hansen mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 12:20:23 +0200

Hello.

I built mythtv yesterday from the CVS tarball (14 sep 2002), and today I get
no picture (or sound). Yesterday I could watch tv (no sound), pause,
forward/rewind etc. just fine.

System: Shuttle SS40, RedHat 7.3 "full install", Hauppauge WinTV-PCI-FM

I start mythtv as root (hmm - bad habit), and the output is:

Probed: Television
Probed: Composite1
Probed: S-Video
Probed: Composite3
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
[seems to be waiting for something - load from this point is 0.00]

The ringbuf.nuv file is 0 bytes (deleted it previously to see if that was
the problem) and stays at 0 bytes.

The codec is rtjpeg, sound is at 32000Hz (yup, I've been reading posts, FAQ
etc.), xawtv seems to work, and sound in xawtv is fine too (through the
loop-back cable).

I did install the mysql stuff, but I have no data in the tables (I live in
Denmark; no xmltv for me I guess). Stopping mysqld before running mythtv
does not help (except telling me that the database is not available).

Any ideas?!

/Jens