[mythtv] TV-out and resolutions and such

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 22:38:30 -0400

On Tuesday 03 September 2002 10:10 pm, Chris Kleeschulte wrote:
> I finally got around to hooking my myth box up to my sony 27" TV. I have a
> GeForce4 MX 440 TV-out card and I am using the closed-source nvidia driver
> in the "TwinView" mode so I can run a monitor and the tv simultaneously.
> For some reason I can't find the right combination to get the whole picture
> on the TV. I used the option "Clone" to have the same desktop on both
> outputs, but for some reason only the top left portion of the X desktop
> appears on the TV. So everything is shifted for me on the TV. I was
> wondering what you (Isaac) are running as far as your XF86Config to get a
> good picture on your tv? Is there something I should know here besides
> what's written in the README for the Nvidia drivers?

I've only used either a monitor attached or a tv attached, not both.  Should
keep in mind, though, that the tv out resolution is limited (most likely), to
800x600.  Some cards have encoder chips that'll handle an input of 1024x768,
but those aren't as common, from what I've seen.

Isaac