[mythtv] segfault with mythepg and problem with mythfilldatabase

Daniel Paessler mythtv-dev@snowman.net
31 Oct 2002 16:32:43 +0100

new cvs version and something changed. running setup fills three tables
in the database, so i think the database is setup properly.
running mythfilldatabase fetches the data with tv_grab_de as defined
in settings.txt and then crashes with segmentation fault as you can
see here:

--snip--
[paessler@iphigenie pts/2] mythfilldatabase --manual
###
### Running in manual channel configuration mode.
### This will ask you questions about every channel.
###
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
couldn't get all of 7 days, only 3
------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
Speicherzugriffsfehler
--snip--

running mythepg gives me that error, as expected, but as you can see, it
tells me the reason of crashing too, so i think, the segfault of
mythfilldatabase doesn't come from mythepg but from mythfilldatabase
itself :

--snip--
[paessler@iphigenie pts/2] mythepg
You don't have any channels defined in the database
This isn't going to work.
Speicherzugriffsfehler
--snip--

some more ideas of what's going wrong?

thanks

daniel

--
email: daniel@paessler.org / phone: +49 3722 83884
fax: +49 89 244365117     / web: www.paessler.org

An unknown Japanese man once said  ...
         Ama soyia aim duhanikam ianaka tsa akaneng...!
And that is why he is still unknown.