[mythtv] strange OSD problem

Patrick Landry mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:30:55 -0800 (PST)

--- Emil Friis <emilfriis@telocity.com> wrote:

> I also just noticed that I get this error when doing
> make install:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory '/root/CVS/MC/themes'
> cp -f -pR  "blue" "/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes"
> strip "/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/"
> strip: /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes: Is a
> directory
> make[1]: *** [install_themes] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving Directory `/root/CVS/MC/themes'

OK. I just got home and took a look. That is
definitely the
problem. The Makefile in the themes subdirectory tries
to run strip
on the themes directory when doing an install. The
strip fails and
the install bombs at that point. None of the following
install
commands are executed. Just edit the Makefile, remove
the strip
commands from the list of commands for the install
target and
then do the make install again.

I assume a change is needed in themes.pro to prevent
the strip
commands from making it into the Makefile. I don't
know why
this isn't a problem with distros other than gentoo.
Since the
Makefile does not indicate that errors with the strip
command
should be ignored I think make is doing the correct
thing by
bombing out.

Thanks for the pointers.
--