[mythtv] Hauppage remotes

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:33:28 -0500

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 11:01 pm, Randy Page wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 October 2002 08:54 pm, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > Actually, it'd probably be nice to go through and sanitize all the key
> > commands, make sure they're all consistant, and maybe make 'em
> > configurable, etc.  Would anyone like to do that?
>
> I would love to Isaac.  Can you give me a hint as to which files to look
> in? I'm not a programmer, but I can probably do that much.

Well, all the TV controls are all in libs/libmythtv/tv.cpp:ProcessKeypress(),
the program guide keys are in libs/libmyth/guidegrid.cpp, near the top, the
menu keys are in libs/libmyth/themedmenu.cpp, near the bottom..  I'm _fairly_
sure everything else is just arrows and space/enter to select and escape to
exit.

That takes care of mythtv, at least.

But, anyway, a totally defined set of actions would be nice, along with
default keybindings... like currently, the seek and channel change buttons
are really just the same as the arrow keys, and that's probably not the best
way to do things.  For instance, in mythmusic's playing interface, the arrows
can move around the selections, but it'd be nice to have keys bound to all
the major actions (play/pause/ff/rew, channel keys for previous and next
track, etc) as well...  I dunno what I want, really, I'm just babbling =)

> I've been using this thing since the initial FM annoucement and would like
> to help, rather than always ask for help!

Hehe.. yeah, you were the first to email me after that initial announcement =)

Isaac