[mythtv] 3 problems: sound, switch to tv, failure to quit

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:52:38 -0800

> You need line in muted AND your sound card needs to be set to record
> from
> line in.  Remember when Mythtv is "playing live tv" it is really
> recording
> live tv and playing back that recording a few seconds later. Most linux
> sound drivers default to record from mic so you'll need to change that
> with
> your favorite mixer app.

thanks. I do have both the mute and record from line in set. Is there a
way I can concretely determine what device name my sound card is using?

>> 2)if I run the command line app mythtv I successfully can watch tv,
>> pause, ff, rewind etc, all perfectly except for the sound issue
>> mentioned above. Similarly mythfrontend seems to be working ok too. I
>> can schedule shows, resolve conflicts etc, but I can't switch to
>> watching live tv. I've tried it a few times and it either just
>> pretends
>> that I haven't pushed the live tv button, or once, switched to a
>> picture of the blue background. No tv in site though. As a side note,
>> assume the "setup" button doesn't do anything yet? Not on mine anyway.
>
> I've run into a bit of wierdness there too, what happens if you go into
> "watch live tv", change to a channel, then go back to the guide?  Does
> it
> seem to work right then?

actually I can't do what you suggested. Though I can watch live tv if I
type "mythtv" from the command line I can't watch it at all trying from
the mythfrontend app.

thanks