[mythtv] Hi, I'm a daft Newbie!

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:09:14 -0500

On Monday 28 October 2002 06:59 pm, Randy Page wrote:
> On Monday 28 October 2002 04:49 pm, Jeremy Oddo wrote:
> > After see posts like this:
> > > Anyone know what's happening with mythweb?  The last commits I see in
> > > CVS are  about 4 weeks old...... Is it dead or what?

I'm not sure -- hopefully Thor will have more time to work on it sometime
soon.  I'd do some work on it, 'cept my knowledge of PHP is very small, so
it's slow going for me..

> > I just have to ask the question:  what ARE the Myth components?  MythTV,
> > MythMusic, MythGame, MythWeb, etc?!
> >
> > I know about MythTV, and can pretty much figure out MythMusic, but what
> > is MythGame and MythWeb?  Any plans for MythDishwasher or MythAbsOfSteel?
>
> Mythfrontend = main control center
> Mythepg = myth electronic program guide
> MythTV = TV viewer
> Mythweb = browser frontend to the database, ie set recordings when away
> from home
> Mythgame = frontend to mame (arcade emulator)
> Mythmusic = music player/ripper

And mythgallery's a really simple image viewer/slideshow app (which I'd like
to know if there's any features people would want for it, btw).

Isaac