[mythtv] New Mythtv user with Matrox Marvel G200TV (Resend)

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:39:46 -0500

On Sunday 27 October 2002 06:53 pm, Ray wrote:
> That fixed it.  I can now tune my dss tuner to any channel except the
> "local" channels (upper 800s) but that's an XMLTV issue or a problem with
> the data source.  I did run into 2 new issues however (actually 1 new and 1
> old that I had forgotten about).
>
> 1.  The cvs version exits with the error "Illegal Instruction" if I have
> deinterlacing turned on in the settings.txt.

Your cpu doesn't do MMX2.  You'll need to either disable deinterlacing, or
edit filters/linearblend/filter_linearblend.c and add a #undef MMX at the top
of it.

> 2.  mythfilldatabase starts fetching beginning with tommorows data rather
> than todays.

That's normal -- if today's data is empty, it'll do that second.  It _always_
grabs tomorrow's data, then fills in any missing days through the week.

> I'm planning on taking a shot at it but I'm not much of a programmer aside
> from the occasional script.  I've also mentioned MythTV on the marvel-linux
> and mjpeg-user mail lists so maybe someone there will take an interest.
> One of the folks on the marvel list has a patched version of ffmpeg that
> uses the Marvel's mjpeg hardware so maybe a look at his changes would help.

It'd be easier if someone who had the hardware did the changes.

Isaac