[mythtv] WinTV Stereo--Recommended?

tarek Lubani mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 17:10:50 -0500 (EST)

Depending on what you are doing with your system, you can find all-in-one
PCI solutions.. The ATI All-In-Wonders are one such example.. Obviously,
you'll have to get cards that are a few years old, which means that if
you're into the game scene, you can pretty much forget about this solution
working.. Another option, however, if you are happy with your current
built in solution is to get another video card (i.e., all in wonder) that
is PCI, and then just use that as a second video card.. I think it should
be easy enough.. maybe have an X-Server outputting just to it? I have
never tried this, so I don't now..

Some specific information about the AIW is that I have heard of problems
with it and Linux when talking about capture.. I would go and explore to
make sure it is compatible with everybody's favourite OS..

As for spending more cash, I'm not sure what country you live in, but
if it's a "first" world country, you can probably find some interesting
tax loopholes to offset the cost of your card.. For example, to get mine,
all I needed was to have 3 kids.. the government subsidies paid for this
and many future upgrades..

tarek : )