[mythtv] xmltv setup errors

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:57:30 -0500

justin, thanks for the tip.
that got rid of the xml twig error
i am also getting TONS of errors similar to the following.

Malformed UTF-8 character (1 byte, need 3, after start byte 0xe3) at 
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Date/Manip.pm line 6497, <STDIN> line 4

when I try to perl Makefile.PL the xmltv.

did you also experience this?

Justin Hawkins <justin@hawkins.id.au>
Sent by: mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net
10/11/2002 10:40 AM
Please respond to mythtv-dev

        To:     "Greg.Froese@Federated.CA" <Greg.Froese@federated.ca>
        cc:     "mythtv-dev@snowman.net" <mythtv-dev@snowman.net>
        Subject:        Re: [mythtv] xmltv setup errors

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Greg.Froese@Federated.CA wrote:

> running RH8.0
> I am trying to install xmltv 0.5.2 and I have installed the various 
> perl modules
> but I am getting errors all over the place.

I too had problems. I don't recall all the details, but I did find that
the file:


was lacking a required '1' return value. If you add a line that says:


before the '__END__' in that file, that may help.

This is with the redhat supplied rpm for XML::Twig, which is

If I remember right, I had the problems you outlined below when I tried to
install XML::Twig from source, but I got the redhat rpm version going with
the hack above.

I'd like to hope it isn't RedHat that have caused this mess.

                 - Justin

justin@hawkins.id.au  |    "Don't sweat it --
http://hawkins.id.au  |  it's only 1's and 0's"

mythtv-dev mailing list