[mythtv] Hang

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 03:46:42 -0400

On Sunday 06 October 2002 02:51 am, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 06 October 2002 02:42 am, Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I've since upgraded to the latest CVS version of mythtv, followed the
> > instructions applied the 0.5-0.6 dbase patch, the cvs patch, ran setup.
> > ran mythfilldatabase.  Everything worked without a hitch.  Only problem
> > now is that anytime I change channels while watching TV the program
> > hangs.  It doesn't segfault, it just stops.  I can close it using a
> > regular window close.  right click on icon in panel then close.
> >
> > Any ideas?  Did I miss something?
>
> Can you get a gdb backtrace of it?
>
> It _sounds_ like something didn't go right in the setup process..

Actually, if you update your CVS checkout, it should no longer hang.  It
_will_ print out:

Error, couldn't find any available channels.
Your database is most likely setup incorrectly.

if it can't find any channels to tune to in the database, and continue to run.

That's what I believe your problem to be, at least -- probably didn't assign
the channel source to the card input you're using properly somehow, or my
setup program messed stuff up.

Isaac